March 26, 2008

Shrinking me

Does it say something about me that I really look forward to a visit with my counselor? I mean, literally, I skip out the door, down the steps and hop in my car when it's time to go. And this is at 9 a.m. On a Monday. Honest. That's like a record for me, I think. I started thinking about this yesterday, because I've been going for over a month now, and things have been going really well. I'm tackling something new just about every session, spending time each week working on the issues we talk about, and thinking of methods I can use to free myself from my old junk. But here's my problem: I'm thinking that pretty soon all the things I went to counseling for in the first place are going to be dealt with, and I'll have no reason to go back. I've really enjoyed having someone to listen to me, and I love figuring things out. I don't want to quit, even though I'm on the road to recovery. Which begs the question: Can you get addicted to counseling?

2 comments:

Mary said...

I remember when my counselor started saying: "I think maybe every other week would be ok..." and then "Maybe once a month..'

I wondered if he didn't like me anymore.

shane said...

well... if you need someone to talk to, just call jennifer...