November 05, 2007

Beauty booty

Over at Good Girl Lit, they have tagged their readers to give up their best beauty secrets. Actually, I'm a sucker for all things beauty, even though I don't have the money to go out and spend a ton on beauty supplies. I make an exception when it comes to keeping my complexion clear. For years, I used the Clinique three-step system: wash, toner, moisturizer. My problem is I am l-a-z-y when it comes to washing my face, and would sometimes skip a step in the name of speed or sleep.

I have recently discovered two shortcuts that have saved me time, and saved my face.

1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse - It's a face wash and toner in one; plus, it removes eye and face makeup. You shake it up so it's nice and foamy, then scrub away.
2. Murad Correcting Moisturizer - I have light rosacea, and this green-tinted moisturizer keeps me from looking like I am eternally sunburned or overheated. The SPF 15 is an added bonus, and another step eliminated from my beauty regime.

Both of these can be purchased at Sephora, and while they are expensive, they are comparable in price when compared to the three steps of the Clinique system.

2 comments:

May Vanderbilt said...

Wow, Scooby! I might have to try this out. My complexion is very "muddy" according to my dermatologist. I never knew there was corrective moisturizer.

Also, can I come to Porch Night? It sounds right up my alley. I'll quote Strong Bad all night, I promise.

Cheerleader! What's Her Face! The Ugly One!

Anne Dayton said...

Another lazy person! I know my skin would be better if I didn't skip steps all the time, but... it's so much effort. Maybe I need to try this Cosmedicine stuff.